Website Stswecem'c Xgat'tem First Nation
Reporting to the Band Administrator, the Recruitment Coordinator collaborates with department managers to understand job requirements and qualifications for specific employment opportunities. The Recruitment Coordinator will use various sources to find candidates to fill SXFN positions by developing connections with community members on and off-reserve, using social media, advertising broadly, and building relationships with post-secondary schools. Other roles will include organizing career days, job fairs, and social media posts to provide information about SXFN current and future jobs to ensure SXFN attracts, hires, and retains the best employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the recruitment process to ensure timely and quality candidates; hiring including creating job advertisements, collecting resumes, screening, and providing material to the appropriate manager for review.
- Liaises with employees and managers to understand job requirements and objectives.
- Prepares job postings, advertisements, and other recruiting material to attract potential candidates.
- Schedules interviews, create interview guides, questions, and scoring sheets.
- Provides guidance for senior managers in regards to the Human Rights Codes; 11,12,13, 14, and the Canadian Labour Code.
- Performs reference checks and verifies education, training, and other relevant qualifications.
- Provides feedback to all interviewed candidates on the outcome of the process.
- Manages all of the employee files making sure all information is current and maintained in a confidential manner.
- Ensures that the Senior Finance Manager has all of the appropriate documentation for the hiring of employees.
- Promotes SXFN as a “best place to work”
Education and Experience:
- 2 to 3 year’s experience in the recruitment, selection, and interviewing of candidates for specific positions within an organization, or equivalent education and training.
- A Bachelor’s degree, specializing in human resource management or a related field is an asset.
- A CPHR designate is considered an asset.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of HR management principles, best practices and have a firm grasp of employment law.
- Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships across the organization and externally to SXFN.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to use discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience in the development of databases.
- Willing to take additional training if required
Salary: Based on education and experience
Deadline: Open Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com