Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Website Stsecem'c Xgat'tem First Nation
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for tracking contribution agreements, contracts, payment schedules against budgets, processing accounts receivable, including maintaining travel receipts and expenses for staff in an accurate and timely manner. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator uses strong attention to detail and curiosity to ensure that discrepancies are verified, missing payments are tracked and that department managers receive accurate reporting against budgets.
- Manage contribution agreements and contracts, payment schedules, entering data into the accounting system.
- Tracks the receipt of payments, records payment to the correct account.
- Provides follow-up services when funds are not received as expected.
- Reviews contribution agreement status against budgets at least quarterly.
- Ensures final reports are submitted according to program reporting, working with department managers.
- Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Ensures correspondence is acted up and communicated to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures chart of accounts contains all necessary codes and is kept up to date.
- Performs day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Prepares bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Verifies discrepancies and resolves billing issues.
- Facilitates payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders.
- Generates financial reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Maintains travel records for staff travel receipts and expenses claims
- Prepares journal entries from a variety of source documents and enters into accounting system.
- Works with housing & capital project manager and staff.
- Assists in preparing ad hoc reports by extracting and compiling information, building spreadsheets and other reporting tools.
- Grade 12 with post-secondary accounting courses or
- Enrollment or completion of an accounting designation program or
- A combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Salary: Based on Education and Experience.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org